Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Good Friday. It is so nice to have a day off from work, although I did log on this morning for an hour to get a few files ftp'ed to the mail house, check the VPN settings that my co-workers were having problems with and I found a few glitches and logged a work order, etc. I always seem to have just a few more items to deal with. Have to force myself to just let it go. Hard for such a control freak that I am!

But Mike and I had a lot of fun just doing our own thing today. I quilted the feather star quilt for most of the morning, took a lunch break with hubby and then quilted some more until 5:00 to cook dinner. (Baked flounder with oriental steamed veggies and white rice). I am really enjoying our new healthy eating routine. I've lost 15 pounds in 9 weeks. I have my days that I go wild with fast food or Chinese takeout, but I get right back on track. I don't want to ever be 174 lbs again (I only weighed 170 when I was 9 month pregnant with my first born and I had toxemia and carried 25 lbs of fluid.)

I'll post a picture of the quilting on the feathered star tomorrow when I get more of the showy quilting done. The stitch in the ditch is not very fancy looking but I love to stablize the quilt before I start all the freehand work.

I want to start 'The Quilt Show' BOM, but I promised myself that I would finish the feather star quilt before I start another project. So, I have incentive to get this one done soon. I also have another QOV quilt on my calendar that is coming up and I need to get going.

Again, never enough time in the day!

I did spend an hour tonight reading a blog "SandyTN'. I feel that she and I have a ton of things in common. We could be sisters. Isn't it fun that this technology opens doors through cyber space and time to people that I would probably never meet.
Gail

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate