Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14th

I can't believe that I've been able to keep up with postings, but I'm quite excited that this is going so well. I actually like blogging....

Anyway, after work yesterday, I was able to spray paint, with metallic nickel finish, my switch and outlet covers which were the old fashioned gold. The new look is OK but not exactly what I had in mind. Maybe I'll give it more time to think about it or just go out and buy new (at 5.00 each!) a room at a time.
Here is the result, what do you think?

Note: a word of caution, if you have any breathing problems, as I do, be sure to paint outside on a non-windy day with a very good quality face mask!

I'm preparing to quilt my feathered star quilt, so here is the before picture. I'll post the after picture when I'm done. BTW, the machine repair guy didn't call. I'll have to limp along and hope he will contact me soon.

I also have a new Quilt of Valor (QOV) to quilt. The alternate block is 18 inches. I will need to find something appropriate to quilt in those blocks.
Gail

2 comments:

Alycia said...

Very Very Nice Quilt of Valor! That will certainly make a soldier happy. Great job.

gail.designs said...

Thanks. I'm going to put a large feathered star in the setting blocks and quilt cresent meandering in the background. Hope that will look OK. Will post a pixs as soon as it is done.
Gail

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate