Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a Monday and there is a strange vibe in the air in my office. There appears to be a gathering of the troups, so to speak. Some days I really hate working in an all woman office. In my previous jobs for 15 years in IT, I worked with men. I much prefer that environment with less gossip, no girly group attacks, no talking behind others backs, no silent treatments, holding grudges, etc. Why is it that women seems to thrive on this. Men tend to say what is on their minds and then get on with the business at hand. I'm all for getting whatever it is out in the open, dealing with it and moving forward. Oh well.

I was able to knit on my socks after church yesterday. Knitting tends to relax me more lately. Maybe I'll go into the Parlor at my office and knit for my lunch hour. I need to get batteries for my camera so that I can post pictures. Don't you just hate blogs that don't show pixs.

I got up at 5:30 this morning and finished 8 more quilt blocks before going to work, for my simple ring quilt. I hope to start putting it together tonight with sashing and borders. I'll post pictures when I can.

I just got a phone call from my bestfriend Betsy. We are going to do lunch on Friday. I really miss seeing her. We have been friends for over 30 years, still live close, but never seem to have time to get together as often as we'd like and it's mostly my fault. I have so many irons in the fire that I just want to veg when I'm home.

Gail

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate