Friday, July 24, 2009

Took the day off to sew

I spent the morning just putzing around the house waiting for hubby to get home at lunch time to pack and go to Pittsburgh to visit his ailing dad. He had surgery yesterday and Mike wanted to see him and visit with family. I then went to Wendy's and bought lunch (Asian chicken wings) and dinner (side salad and small chili) just so I don't have to go back out today and can get some focused sewing time. Spent the rest of the afternoon until dinner sewing my Lady of the Lake blocks and have them almost half done. Ate dinner and have been visiting blogs all evening. So much for focused sewing time. I really need to get busy on a customer quilt and I just can't seem to get motivated. Love some of the blogs I chanced upon. Will share later. Our 33 anniversary is today and I'm feeling a little down, missing my husband but we'll celebrate later with our close friends Margie and Dan. Their anniversary was Wednesday night. Spoke to Carrie today and spoke to Corey earlier in the week. I always need my time with the kids to make my week complete. Am going fabric shopping tomorrow for Christmas fabric and pinks at a 1/2 price sale. Meeting Margie and then having lunch somewhere in the Draft tomorrow.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate