Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feeling blue

I had to stay home this weekend. A wedding in Pittsburgh, husband's family. I have been fighting a Upper Respiratory Infection for almost two weeks. Maybe I need to see the doctor? Sure missed seeing my son and his wife from Cincinnati and my daughter from Lynchburg rode with hubby to the wedding. They are due home later this afternoon.

I bought a new camera this weekend with image stabilization. It works reasonably well. I'm very shakey when taking pixs. The camera is a Canon, Powershot SD1200IS with digital ELPH.

I've added some pictures of my sewing room with my new sewing table idea (in progress). I still need to build the recess box and cut the opening to recess my Bernina sewing machine in the oak top. Note the clear acrylic insert on the stool that will be covering the cutout. I bought the two "flat-screen TV bookcases" from BigsLots for only 40.00 each and they are the perfect height and I will be able to store my old sewing machines and a lot of my other stuff in them. I'll post a new picture when the sewing workstation is done. Hopefully, I'll get to that while on vacation next week.

The scrap organization system under my cutting table is an idea I got from Bonnie Hunter's website. She really has lots of ideas and she is my queen of scappy mystery quilts. Her site is www.quiltville.com and her blog is http://quiltville.blogspot.com
I still have 'tons' of scraps still to be organized but there is now a place to start putting them. I want to cut my left-overs in 2 1/2 inch strips the store them by color drawer. I have 12 drawers to fill and when they are full, the rest of the scaps will be given away.

I'm only planning day trips and lots of sewing while on vacation, I hope. I just need a break from work.
Cheers,
Gail

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate