Monday, December 21, 2009

Ramblings in the Blizzard of 09

The college where I work is socked in today and is closed. Trying to work from home is a no go...too many Christmas preparations to be made yet. I wrapped the gifts today and started preparations for roasting the 'huge' ham.

I made plans to go to Kitty Hawk for the week after Christmas (for my birthday) to spend with quilting friends. Can't wait to hang out with friends and do nothing but play with fabric.

We will be spending time with our daughter and her extended family for Christmas. I love the fact that we can spend quality time with them for holidays. My Thanksgiving was complete with both children and their spouses, Mom, Dad, Brother and his family, In-law family and some friends where all here and a good time was had by all.

As for crafting, I need to finish a Christmas quilt on the longarm but the receipiant has seen the top so there is no rush to finish it before the 25th. I'll finish it in the early New Year, so no stress. I am knitting a sweater and a hat to felt (for me) and a baby blanket (for a church member). I'm still working on the spool quilt and have just one more border to put on it. I'll post a pix soon of the inprogress. I want to start on a New Years mystery when I get back from the beach for me too. My house is dirty and needs cleaning, but other things call....
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and God Bless us all!!
g.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate