Tuesday, January 5, 2010

16 tons and what do you get; another year older and deeper in debt...




That's a really old song that I'm sure you're too young to remember.  But, alas, I've celebrated yet another birthday (57) and it was really nice. Spent the week in Kitty Hawk, NC.  Most of the days were warm, windy and our friends and I had a lovely visit together. Margie and Dan are the kindest folks I've every met and they are a hoot, too!  Had lunch with two wonderful NC ladies also (PJ and Morgue) at the Lone Cedar seafood place. It is beautiful and the food is yummie!  Anyway, Margie and I quilted most of the week, played Rook, Quiltopoly, and Sequence, made a huge pot of vegetable soup, watched TV, knitted, read magazines, shopped in Maneo for quilt fabric, etc.. I finished two quilt tops (Bonnie Hunter's Christmas Lights from QuiltMaker Magazine and a Spool quilt that I posted pictures on this blog earlier).  Now to pick out the quilting patterns and to longarm quilt them hopefully sometime in January.  I am working on the longarm on a quilt for Margie's son, Frank, that I need to get done this week.  (I'll post pictures when it is finished.)  Margie is making the same quilt again for her husband; since he liked the first one so much.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate