Sunday, January 17, 2010

Grey day

After church today, those who will be in my quilting class on Saturday told me how excited they were that we were finally going to get together and start our classes. I'm excited that they are excited.  What fun we will have.   I've schedule the class to run a full year with 12 monthly lessons.  We will attack a couple of techniques with each lesson and I will also have homework for those that want to make a sampler quilt or those who choose to make a single block quilt.  I need to make copies of my handouts and make sure that the book that I plan to use is still published.


On another topic, I made arrangements on Saturday to attend the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton in February and I didn't get into the host hotel but I did get the next best thing at the Hilton Gardens which is only 1/2 mile away and they have regular bus shuttles throughout the day.  It's a big show and I've always wanted to spend two days at the show because you cannot see everything in one day.  Margie and I are going and I'm still not sure who of our friends have decided to go too.  Will see.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate