Friday, January 15, 2010

TGIF





This week was a whirlwind.  Mike and I were both too busy to do anything but work and do chores.  I really need this weekend to get some rest.  I am planning to teach a year long beginning quilt class for a group of friends who have been asking me to teach them.  I'm excited and a little frightened of the magnitude of this project. I've taught these classes before at the local community college several time but that was 10 years ago. I still have my syllabus and handouts but will want to tweak the course work and class outline.  Also, I alway make samples of each block that I teach along with samples of each step.  I also include samples of what not to do.  So you can see, this is a big project.  The first class is January 23 in Waynesboro. I plan to lecture for maybe three hours on the basics such as tools, fabric, machines, anatomy of a quilt, history, etc. Should be fun and the next month we are planning a shopping trip for fabric purchases.  Here is a sample of quilt blocks I made for a previous class....

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate