Sunday, January 10, 2010

Too cold to even go outside


It's too cold to even go outside today. It was 6 degrees F. this morning when I got up.  Mike went to church without me.  I have asthma and the cold can really cause me some problems so I try to stay inside as much as possible when it is this cold.  I putzed around the house this morning, tried to get some quilting done on the longarm for Frank's quilt. It is coming along OK.  I had to baste the entire quilt before I could begin because the backing was just slightly larger than the quilt top.  I have a 1/2 inch on each side and the bottom is exactly the same size.  So my only alternative was to use a thin cotton batting, and carefully pinning and thread basting on the quilt frame every six inches or so all the way down the quilt.  (I'm so glad that my Gammill has a basting stitch on the stitch regulator that will stitch every half inch (thank you Zoltan Kasa! for Intellistich!) It worked and now I can quilt each section and take out the basting as I go.  I'll post pictures when it is finished.  BTW, I've been saving my pennies to purchase the computer aided product for my machine. Maybe someday, I can write my blog and quilt at the same time. What a hoot that would be....

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate