Monday, March 1, 2010

MAQF

The Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival this past weekend was a blast. I was able to go with three friends and we also met friends from NC there.  The show was awesome and the vendors were awesome, too. I spent a bit on patterns and fabric and notions. It seems that I purchase four patterns that includes stitchery in the blocks. The question is, will I ever actually sew them.  The jury is out on that one but I really love them. One has tea cups, another has 30 different baskets with flowers, another has A to Z snowmen and still another is a winter wall hanging. I bought the Jim Shore Angels quilt kit featured in the Quilter Magazine in July, 2009. Also purchased a kit with stars and neutrals that I will probably start soon. I purchased fat quarter bundles of neutrals, chocolate brown, greens, reds, black.  Found some art deco prints that I liked. My cash is blown.  This was one of my favorite quilts from the show by Robbi Jo Eklo who is from Illinois. I look for her quilts and she always has an entry in this show and I've been going for over 10 years..Enjoy.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate