Saturday, March 27, 2010

New dishwasher, garbage disposer and water filter...

When we remodeled the kitchen, we decided to keep the dishwasher. It still looked good, washed well and was quiet mostly.  Well, yesterday the machine died. This morning, I hand washed all the dishes from last evening and rewashed all the dishes in the dishwasher.  What a job, took almost an hour and I'm bushed!  So I bundled up my sick husband and rode to Lowe's today to look at dishwashers.  Well, I found the matching Whirlpool dishwasher, so 1,000.00 plus (includes installation) and a new garbage disposer (very quiet model) later, we came home.  Lowe's will call later in the week to arrange for installation of both. So, hopefully this week, we will have all new appliances in our kitchen.  I also purchased a replacement water filter for our refrigerator while we were there. I found out that when changing the filter, the water dispenser will spew water all over the place. So, I will be prepared the next time. Whoa, what a day.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate