Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Should I retire?

That is the question that is foremost in my mind today, should I consider?
I've worked for Mary Baldwin College for almost 15 years.  A couple of weeks ago, I received an early retirement offer that I'm considering.  Have waffled back and forth regarding what I want to do and how I should spend my retirement years.  What makes this decision so difficult is that I really enjoy my job, and work keeps me active and motivated. But what would I do with all that time to myself? How much trouble could a 57 year-old woman get into?  Remember the old saying about too much time on my hands.... Will health insurance coverage be a problem?  I love to travel to the beach house at the Outer Banks in NC with my friends who are already retired.  I could spend a lot more time there but my husband would not be able to go as often as I would and that doesn't seem quite fair leaving the DH so much.  Maybe I'll get a dog to keep me company.  I have enough quilts started and works in progress to last years.  I would have more time to volunteer and help at church.  This is one tough decision.  Will have to decide by April 25th.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate