Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blooms in my yard

This is the third year for my Clematis (sp) and it is blooming and quite lovely.  I hope that is does not freeze tonight and I lose all those blooms and buds.  I've been so busy trying to finish projects at work that I've failed to enjoy the spring.  I need to stop and smell the roses (and other blooms!)

I've started feeling better this week. I pray that I'm well for my vacation next week. Going to putz around the house, spend a day with my daughter for her birthday and get some quilting done.  I have a deadline to finish a double wedding ring quilt by May 8th. Which means that I have to finish the quilt on the machine first or take it off, finish the DWR and put the first one back on.  I think not. So, I need to get busy. 

Also, I've decided that the simple border on my broken star looks much better than the pieced one and only have two miters to sew and it's finish.  Will post a picture tomorrow.  I need to sew on a border to my Carolina Christmas quilt and it's done.  That will mean three finished quilt tops in less than two weeks.  UFOs are being crossed off my to-do list. 

On to my knitting passion, finished my pink knitted baby blanket last night at knit night.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate