Monday, April 26, 2010

My Outer Banks Memory Jar


What do you think about my memory jar.  I found this cute jar at a furniture store and fell in love with the shape.  I knew that my Outer Banks sea shells, drift wood, snail shells, fused glass and ocean glass and my one tiny seahorse would find a great home in this jar.  Another thing to dust, you say! Well, yes, but it's so cute.  My husband just shakes his head and sighs.  He is long suffering, I know!

I was needing a diversion after my morning at church. I didn't feel well just after the service started and fled to the restroom. Sick was not an adequate word for what I was feeling. I hate to take the attention away from the service and have it focused on me.  I'm really discouraged and a little embarrassed.  But everyone seemed to be very understanding and supportive. Why aren't I able to shake this thing I've had for month now. 

Maybe I need to see another doctor. That's on my todo list.

Worked on my Broken Star quilt border some this weekend.  Cannot decide if I should put the row of diamonds around the outer border or just put on the solid narrow inner border and the large floral outer border.  I'm now leaning towards just the simpler border treatment so as not to take away the focus of the broken star.

The quilting class was Saturday. I'll post pictures shortly.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate