Friday, May 14, 2010

Quilting Class tomorrow

This is the sampler quilt that we are working on in my quilting class .  I know, strange picture. Was I standing on my head? No, I took the picture when it was on the floor but standing at the top of the quilt. So when I edited the picture, I rotated it 180 degrees. We finished the rail fence block two months ago and working on the nine patch border blocks last month and tomorrow; we are learning the dresden plate and double heart piecing and applique'.
I was looking for a UFO fan quilt that I started about 10 years ago to demo the dresden plate in the class and found that I had 10 blocks prepared and the background cut.  I could not find my templates for this block, so I had to redraft them.  That did take some time to do.  The single heart pattern is in the workbook, so I'm going to demonstrate how to draft the inner heart for those that want to do that.
I have a visit coming tomorrow. Margie's daughter from Florida.  I spent last Monday with both these gals shopping, having lunch at Ruby Tuesday and playing with Robbing Peter to Pay Paul block (quick machine block, no hand sewing) and how to cut and sew miters on double borders (the easy way).  Had a blast. Maybe I should take off every Monday!

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate