Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stash storage

For the last year, I have been purchasing storage cabinets (and assembling them, what a job!) for my stash.  I have fabric everywhere before the organizing began.  I had filled a credenza, two closets, countless plastic tubs and bin with fabric that I've collected for 20 years.  I've sorted through most of it and gave away fabric that I felt that I wouldn't use and what was left needed a new home.  Here are pictures of the six cabinets that I've filled and not shown, is one more cabinet for future acquisitions. (I like to plan for future purchases!)  I had more white/cream/yellow/gold and green than I thought I had.  These filled two cabinets. The blue and reds share a cabinet. The pink/peach/orange and purples share a cabinet.  The browns and black/grey and large florals and homespuns/plaids and Thimbleberries fabrics share a cabinet. The conversation prints/kid prints and fabric panels and all the backing fabric share a cabinet.  The seventh cabinet is empty, but I'm not worried that it won't be filled eventually.  This was a big job, but really glad that it's done.  My plan; since I have current project boxes (UFOs) in the upstairs sewing room, is to finish those before planning any new projects.  I know, simpler said, than done.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate