Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Fan Quilt saga

I found 10 pink fan quilt block in the Spring which movitated me to get this quilt top done. I had most of the fan blades cut and I found the pink fabrics in my stash to finish making another 10 blocks.  I even found the white  background fabric I'd stashed away.  I put the fans block on point and it looks like I have extra fabric but I don't.  I just did not take the time to spread the quilt out as I should have, to the picture is not a good one.  Trust me, it does lie flat. I put on three borders, one dark pink, one white and one pale pink. I can't wait to quilt this one and I'm so sorry it sat unfinished for over 15 years!

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate