Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Where did the summer go??

This has been the shortest summer ever, in my opinion.  My vacation is still a month away. We like to vacation when the weather is cooler and after peak tourist months. 

My quilting focus for this, quickly slipping away summer, was to finish assembling several quilt tops that were in progress and documents all my finished quilt tops in pictures and written descriptions.  Found that I had over 70 quilt tops in various sizes.  Just a couple of examples: this Trip Around the World just needs a final border and it is queen size!


This quilt top is now finished. I put a double border on it and I found the fabric  that I'd saved, just took awhile to find it but my previous Spring organizing made this much easier than I had expected.

 I need to oil my longarm and get busy this winter finishing these.  I also organized my various sample blocks, gave some away to Linus for Kids.  The rest are ready to assemble and put borders on. 

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate