Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Where has the time gone!

Lots to blog about, just not a lot of time to do so.  I'm working on the Bonnie Hunter Quiltville.com winter mystery.  Step 4 was released last Friday and I'm done and ready for the next Step #5.  I've never one of Bonnie's mysteries while the mystery was being released.  Always have waited for the end to see what the quilt looks like and then may decide to do it.  It is fun to follow the steps with the others and compare notes and anticipate what the quilt will look like.  I'm using the suggested colors which is double pink, chocolate brown, poision green, neutrals and my constant fabric will probably be aqua.  That may change but I'm not going to commit just yet.  I'll post pictures later. 

I've also been really busy bidding on Ebay.  So far, I've won a black Featherweight 221 in excellent condition except for the footpedel but I just ordered a new one.  I won a Bernina 1030 last week and it is due to arrive early next week. Very excited to get this.  I've used one for over 20 years but the switch on the one I have does not work anymore so I can only turn on/off using a surge protector.  Works OK but I know it won't last forever and now I have two! woohoo!

Have also been using my accuquilt basket dies to cut these postage stamp baskets.  They are so cute and easy to make.  They are addictive.   The baskets are cut from 5 inch charm packs (Rural Jardin) with solid white background. I have 40 made so far and I have one more charm pack to cut, then I will assemble the quilt into a large lap size. 

Also, finished a quilt-top for my son-in-law for Christmas.  I hope I have time to quilt it.  If we get the predicted snow tomorrow, I may just get it put on the longarm. 

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate