Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Feel Inspired

The snow was so beautiful falling last evening. This morning, what a sight.  I'm also very blessed that I have a job that I can work from home (when the Internet isn't acting up, that is!). So I can not only stay at home and enjoy the view, but I don't have to go out and drive in this.  Hubby took my Jeep this morning so he wouldn't have any trouble getting to work.

I put a roast in the crock pot this morning and the smell is making me so hungry.  When I'm at work, I don't have much time to snack but when I'm home, I want to snack all the time.  Wonder what that is all about? 

I did take a few minutes to put some of my sewing studio in order during my lunch hour. There was doubt that I'd pass inspection if I left it in such a mess too much longer.  I've finished a couple of UFOs and not put my studio in order between projects.  What a mess. 

I organize my scraps using the 'Bonnie Hunter scrap organization method" and I try to promptly cut my leftovers into 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 inch strips or squares depending on the size but in order for this to work well, I need to cut the leftovers and not let it pile up.  Then it becomes a chore.  So now I have a very large basket of scraps to iron and cut. 

I also found several men's dress shirts from Goodwill that I had not cut into strips for my "Blue Ridge Beauty.  I will cut and organize those this evening if time permits. 

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate