Friday, January 7, 2011

I want to sew

My next quilt in waiting....
Monday was the first week back to my day job (at local private college) from winter break (two full weeks off, what bliss!). But this week has been a long one.  When all I wanted to do was to sew all week, but stuff is just getting in my way.  But hey, it's Friday and I have all day tomorrow to sew. (did my laundry last night and sorta cleaned the house and put decorations away from the holidays).  BTW, I made a big mistake during the break.  I purchased a used Bernina 1030 from Ebay and it arrived broken into 5 pieces.  Called the seller and she promptly sent UPS to collect the package and that was just about the last time I heard from her.  No refund, No communication, not even an email and no responses to my phone calls.  I'm out 650.00 plus shipping and I don't know what to do.  I think I will contact Ebay Buyer Protection and see what they tell me.  This happen to anyone else?? 

The mystery quilt that I worked on while on winter break, Bonnie Hunter's RRCB was a lot of fun, it was not a quick, make in a week, project but I throughly enjoyed myself and the whole process.  Since the reveal was this morning, I will post my work in progress tomorrow. Just love it. Can't wait to post the pixs.

I've spent more time that I care to say trying to do a drywall repair and move an electrical outlet in my quilting studio.  My husband is not thrilled that it is not smooth enough, but once it's painted out, I think it should look fine.  I'll try to post before and after pictures when it is done. 

More tomorrow...

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate