Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday is finally here

I wanted to blog about how blessed I am.

After returning from DC late last evening after five days in training in Reston VA (burg of DC), in a rental car with ice storms, traffic, $10.00 burgers and $5.00 coffee, lines for everything.... My little part of the world is so small, laid back and calm.  I love where I live and can't imagine myself living anywhere else.  That being said, I do fuss sometimes when I can't find something I need in stock at my local shops and then they are the last to stock any of the new gizmos on the market.  The food markets are small and the local Walmart does not stock enough items and is constantly running out of things.  But everyone in my local quilt shop knows me, smiles when I walk into the stop and the owner phones me when I forget to attend the BOM class. Rachel, I really appreciate you.  And she now stocks yarn and knitting supplies now.  That is such a treat.

I just found out that our local Ben Franklin store is closing in April.  Cannot imagine where I will go for all the crafty things I need.  We do have a Michaels but I have to drive 12 miles to shop there.

Spent the day with my DH, catching up the news for this week, having breakfast out after dropping off the rental car this morning.  When we came home, I gave him a haircut, spent the afternoon shopping together and visiting with some friends. Feels good to be home. 

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate