Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter weekend and the quilt I'm currently finishing

I enjoyed my long Easter weekend. We had a very nice Good Friday fellowship on Friday night at our church but returning home was difficult.  The rain and fog on Afton Mountain made visibility almost zero.  Took over an hour to get home.  Neither DH or I see as well as we once did after dark and with the rain and fog, well, if there had been much traffic, we would have been dangerous, to say the least.  Our Easter service was wonderful and well attended.  Kay did a wonderful work in decorating the sanctuary with dogwood blossoms and flowers. Missed our friends Margie and Dan who are vacationing in the Outer Banks until May.

Rested all afternoon, just finished dinner and now to get ready for work tomorrow.  I dread going back to the office after a long weekend break.  I so enjoy my time off with my family.

This week I need to catch up on some longarm quilting that is due back to customers this month.  Just finished a beautiful snowball quilt in browns and neutrals last week. Very masculine.  The quilt on the machine now is a wonderful machine applique boys quilt with cars, trucks, train, bus, etc.  Really a lot of fun except for the stitch in the ditch and outline quilting that was needed to stabilize the quilt.  Now that that is done,  I want to quilt clouds in the sky behind the applique and some other whimsical designs, if I could only decide what would look best.  I have some Anne Bright design books that may have some ideas in it...

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate