Saturday, April 23, 2011

Grandmothers Flower Garden

I've always thought about making a vintage style GFG quilt.  I started cutting hexagons about ten years ago that were about 3 inches each.  The look wasn't what I was going for, so that project became a UFO.  Then when I was reading Bonnie Hunter's blog (I'm a big fan of her mysteries and her down-to-earth, from-the-heart blog) about her mosaic quilt and her tutorial for making her quilt, I decided to start my hexagon quilt the 'Bonnie Hunter' way.  I purchased my hexagon punch on eBay (two punches, in fact).  Cut a couple of thousand paper pieces.  Then started basting my tiny hexes and have finally, almost finished one flower.  So here is the reveal.....
Just love the look of the tiny hexagons, but my, what a lot of work.  This will be my take along project for the next year, I think.  I need to pick out more flower fabrics.  I want to make each flower different. I'll keep you posted on my progress. 

Happy Easter!  Love this time of year even if we are as busy as a one-arm paper hanger. (grandmother used to say that a lot!) 

g.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate