Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sisterhood of the Traveling Triangles

They're here! I signed up for the TQS "The Quilt Show Sisterhood of the Traveling Triangles "SOTT half-square triangle swap" a couple of months ago and sent in 784 half-square triangles to swap with this international swap. I'm so happy I did this.  I received my squares from Alex Anderson, Ricky Tims, Margo and Edyta Sitar, author of Friendship Triangles from Laundry Basket Quilts.  Here are the pictures after I ripped open the envelope and sorted them into fifty counts:

Some of them were a little wrinkled and there are a lot of strings but I would not be in the best of shape too if I'd have traveled from so many countries and 45 US states.  Here are the sources:  Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, S. Korea, Scotland, Switzerland, United Kingdom and 45 US states.  A couple of them were from just a couple of miles from my home.  Now I need to find a pattern that will go this assortment justice.

Don't they look nice in this plastic container.  I'm going to put them on my sewing table so I can look at them often, that's how I eventually come up with a design by study and contemplating.  My design process has to 'stew' and 'simmer' awhile.  Will keep you posted.  I plan to make more half-square triangles to go with these as I really like to make bed size quilts.  I think that these triangles will be showcased as centers in the blocks I plan to make.  Just thinking.....

Have a great day!


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate