Friday, May 20, 2011

More hexagons, these are addicting!

Just finished another rosette in blues for my Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt.  Working on the orange rosette which I should finish by weekend. The orange one is just layed out in the picture below, not sewn together, just to see how such a bright color will look next to the cute pastel rosettes.  Should be fine, in my opinion.  I want a little brightness in this quilt. Love the green I chose.  It was the most difficult selection because I wanted to use a solid and Moda has a huge collection of solid green. (Funny story: I ordered half yard cuts of five Moda (Bella) solid greens online.  When the package arrived, none of the greens were labeled as to which green it was.  I had to send a swatch back to the company to order my yardage!)

I need to get shopping this weekend. I joined a red and white swap over at 'Sew Many Ways".  There are 125 swappers swapping 5 inch squares of just red and white prints.  I need to buy yardage to cut my squares. Deadline is June 15th. I tried to order some fabric from Hancock but at 10.00 a yard for 4 yards and 8.00 shipping, I could not justify that.  So, I will be going to the fabric store this weekend, which also gives me an excuse to drop off my recently acquired Bernina 1031 sewing machine for a check up.

I won the bid on ebay for this little beauty of a sewing machine and the price was right plus this seller did an excellant job of packing. That baby wasn't going anywhere but to me!



2 comments:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

you will love your Bernina...everyone around me is working on hexagons but me....yours look great...

Blessings,
Kathy

SubeeSews said...

I love making herxagons...they go so fast. Then they all add up and I am left wanting to make more but NOT needing more.
XOOXO Subee

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate