Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My 100th Post

Wow, where did the time go.  This is my 100th blog post.  I don't get to blog very often so this is truly a milestone.

Here is the fireplace mantel we purchased, online no less.  It's beautiful and very heavy. I am going to paint it white to go with all our other woodwork.  I've spoken to several people about installation locally and can't get anyone to call back or give me a quote.  I suppose no one needs the work, maybe?

Also, was reading the blogs I follow and blogspot must still be having issues.  I can't find Bonnie Hunters blog or Stash Manicure either.  These are blogs that I relish everyday.  Bonnie's facebook page is active and several have commented on not being able to open Bonnie's blog, so I know it is not just me.

Took yesterday off of work to pal around with my quilting buddy and her daughter from Florida.  Had a blast but really tired today.  We took a workshop on needle punch, ate lunch at a local Mexican place and worked on our quilts all afternoon and chatted. 

I'm still working on my hexagon quilt and have three rosettes almost completed and joined. I've prepared the hexagons for 20 rosettes and can't wait to get a whole row done. I tried to upload a picture but so far, email has been very slow today.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate