Monday, May 2, 2011

My daughter's birthday

I've been thinking about how quickly the years seem to pass.  My youngest will be 27 on Wednesday.  How can that be? Time has really flown by! So much has changed yet still stayed the same.  DH and I are still in our first home 36 years later.  Every room has been changed in some way, paint, furniture, carpeting, fixtures, walls and some rooms have been upgraded more than once.  But, I still can't imagine living anywhere else.  My daughter lives close by, only 2 hours by car and my son lives in Cincinnati, 8.5 hours by car.  Both are very happily married (no grandchildren, though yet!).  So, why do I have this restlessness suddenly to shake things up?  To try something new, to hit the bucket list hard?  I wonder if everyone feels this way, at times. 

Anyway, I want to post about this chair that I purchased a couple of weeks ago.  I've been reading several blogs about furniture repair, restyle, repurpose.  When I saw this chair at an antique shop, I felt that I really had to have it.  My husband thought it was strange that I would just buy one chair and it didn't fit our decor at all, it just seemed to speak to me.  I do love the chair but am wondering at my sudden impulse to do something different.  Oh well, maybe this too shall pass....

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate