Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, Carrie

Wednesday, May 4, 2011
My daughter’s 27th birthday.  I called the florist on Monday to make arrangements to deliver her favorite yellow roses to her office this morning.  I paid an extra $10.00 delivery fee.  She did not get them.  Since it was her birthday, she took the afternoon off of work to do the ‘SPA’ thing.  When we spoke this afternoon on the phone, she indicated that she did not get the flowers.  So, called the florist at 2:30 and they were still on the truck.  The dilemma, what to do?  I really hate to pay for something that she didn’t get and was not my fault.  I also hated that she did not get a gift from me today because of an error.  Bummed out!  But, the florist was able to catch up with my daughter at her home just in time to deliver the flowers before they headed out to dinner with friends. Don't you just love it when things work out and the florist went the extra mile to make it right!  Had a wonderful day thinking about my daughter and how very proud I am of her.  She has grown to be a wonderful, generous, caring Christian woman with lots to look forward to in her future and when she and Kevin have children, which I hope will be soon, they will make wonderful parents. Where did 27 years go!!
Happy Birthday Carrie-Anne Nicole (7lb 4oz; born 3:57 am on May 4, 1984)
Just in time to celebrate Mother's Day.....
MOM

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate