Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summer?......What Summer? It's Spring downunder....

Where did the summer go?....

I changed my view to the new dashboard format in Blogger today and noticed that I had not posted since last May. Wow, I cannot believe that it's been that long. Where does the time go!! I truely love the spring and summer seasons, warm weather, getting the the yard, planting, watering, watching God's handiwork but being so focused on the outside means that I don't get a lot done inside.  I have been working in my quilt studio a little, working at my full-time job a whole lot, playing in the yard with my plants and, well, that's it. Only 16 hours to do and 8 hours to sleep. Maybe, I could sleep less and do more, maybe?

For my 35th anniversary in July, I purchased a new laptop and it's taken some time to get it working the way I like.  I spent Saturday morning, loading all my quilty, design and sewing programs.  My magic box software, Inklingo collections 1 and 2, Pro-stitch, Pro-design, Adobe, etc.  All are working to some degree.  I saw a note about Inklingo not being compatible with Windows 7, but with a little configuring, I was able to use my Collections 1 and 2 just fine. Was a little concerned about those two. The Magic Box software, well, had to buy an upgrade and still causing some problems with the software locking up. May have to buy another Magic Box. Not cheap! Am wondering if it is really worth buying another one, since I really don't machine embroider that much. 


Bonnie Hunter inspired me to start yet another quilt called Jacob's ladder.  This one was made by Suebee. I just love her colors so much better than mine.  I will be gifting my blocks to my friends for a charity baby quilt. I'm gathering scrapping fabrics to do another one more like Suebee's. Also, I am making the Bow Ties leaders and enders project with my civil war repros and cheddar. So cute, will post a picture of those later.
For now, I need to dress and go to the full-time job....


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate