Monday, December 12, 2011

OB Part 4 and down for the count...

I think I had a virus. It had me laid-low for the last three days. I am still not up to parr but a least I'm at work today, trying to catch up from Friday.  All that I got accomplished this weekend was hanging the front door wreath, finishing the laundry and 25 of my red strings blocks from the Quiltville Mystery (Orca Bay, Part 4).  I tried to read some, watched some TV and mainly slept on the couch, in my chair and on the bed. Period. 

Here is a picture of the twenty-five red string blocks I completely finished. Sewn, starched, cut in half, trimmed, and paper removed.  This morning I was up very early and decided to start another twenty five.  I was able to get two strips sewn to the foundation papers on all twenty-five and pressed before I had to get dressed and go to work.  After two cups of coffee and a fudge pastry, I am finally energetic enough to get some work done at the office.  Several people are out today with the flu, so I must persevere. 

Hubby has a board meeting tonight, so I should be able to get to some sewing on the string blocks I started this a.m.  I would love to be caught up before the next clue is released on Friday.  Since this is my last week of work, I may be at the office late several nights this week.

We will be spending the holidays with my daughter next week.  I may take my sewing machine with me but we are usually so busy going here and there that I probably won't have too much time to sew. 

2 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

good luck staying ahead of that bug that's plaguing you. Great to see your red strings are adding up.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

very nice string blocks

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate