Friday, December 2, 2011

Progress for Step 2

Progress for Orca Bay Mystery by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltsville - Step 2 (just in time for Step 3 instructions reveal)

I got up really early this morning to cut all the strings for the blue string blocks.  Cut all the phonebook pages I needed (4 inches and will cut down to 3 1/2 after I piece the blocks, press and remove the paper).  I made just two blocks before I had to hustle to get to work on time.   They are not going to be a problem and the sewing will be so easy.



I finished the piecing of the Star Struck Quilt also, (that is why I'm late getting my steps done on this mystery, but I'm not worried at all about finishing.  I'm off work from Dec 16th through the New Year, so I will have time to play catch-up then).  But I cannot decide on what borders to put on this one.  I really like pieced borders and this quilt is so busy that I may just use two plain borders.  I have a green tone on tone for the narrow inner border and a red splashy print for the outer border picked out that I may use.  Borders are always the issue I have with finishing a quilt top.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate