Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Blog in January 2012

I just love the Orca Bay Mystery. I am amazed how all these little pieces come together to make such a beautiful quilt. I put the quilt together in blocks which I found easier for me to keep oriented with the directional flow of the string pieces.  










So this is my primary row which will be all the odd numbered rows (first row, third row, fifth row, etc)....





..... primary row is made up of this block and


 


....and this block.


 





The alternate row; all the even numbered rows (2nd, 4th, 6th row, etc)is also using the narrow block above but turned on it's side like this with a white Ohio Star in between.





Hope this is not too complicated.


2 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

It's looking good! This was my first mystery and it was fun! Hope you are enjoying it as much as I am! Happy quilting! - Jeanne in IL

Leeanne said...

Fantasic!

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate