Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday BowTie Progress

I love the bow tie block and was especially eager to join in on all the fun. But the Orca Bay project took over from November to now, so the bow tie block was left in the queue. 

When Bonnie posted the challenge, I dove into my scrap buckets, boxes, containers, etc to try to organize the scraps and cut pieces into strips, squares and general Bonnie recommended sizes. It took me about three weeks to make headway into my scraps (and I still have lots more that I need to organize but in due time, until then, just have to wait until I can get to it) and I proceeded to cut a container full of pieces for this bow tie project. Enough for 300 or more blocks.

I had a lot of cheddar print fabrics that I collected but I really like the solid best. Don't know if I'll use the other cheddar prints at all. 










Here are the 19 - 3 inch finished blocks I've made so far. Not many but enough to see if I'm going to like it and I do.













So, now that my OB top is together and almost ready for quilting, I need to do a final press and maybe I'll decide to attach another border.  I did sew a line of stitching around the perimeter of the quilt to keep it from stretching. 

I have a longarm, so quilting should not be a problem to quilt, just finding the time to do so.  I will quilt an all over edge to edge on the OB since it is so busy and the quilting won't show, only the texture of the quilting will show. So I'm thinking Baptist Fans maybe?

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate