Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Quilt Challenge

I've joined yet another quilt challenge. Why do I do these things when my plan for this year was to concentrate on my UFOs?  I just love starting new projects.  Deciding on colors, making patterns, choosing fabrics, preparing the fabrics, cutting, sewing and making the blocks but when it come to final assembly, I put that off.  I have so many UFOs at that point.  Anyway, I digress. 
The Quilt Challenge I joined was Bunny Hill and the Scrappy Dresden Challenge.  I've collected blues for several years now to make two Bonnie Hunter's scrap quilts that are on my wish list but I also wanted to make a dresden plate quilt that reminds me of Wedgewood china colors. Here is my first block for the challenge.  I have completed 6 of these so far. Am struggling with what fabric to use for the center circle. Hope to make that decision today. I'll post more pictures of the dresdens soon.  I really like the choices of fabrics that I have used thus far.  This will not be a charm quilt as I've reused some blues but that was not my original intention to make a charm quilt. I just wanted to use the blues in my stash and not purchase more fabric. The white on white background was a fabric I purchased to make a redwork quilt but I have another fabric that will work better for that project. 

1 comment:

Pat said...

Love the blue plate. I want to make one of these at some point!

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate