Thursday, March 1, 2012

Farmers Wife Sampler

I counted the blocks I've made for the Farmer's Wife Quilt and I only have 23 remaining.  I'm excited to finish and assemble this one.  It's been a challenge to make these little 6 inch blocks but I'm pleased with the outcome.  Here are the two I made last night.



The red one is called Cut Glass Dish and has 51 pieces. 










The blue block is called Jackknife and has 33 pieces.

Both blocks were made using the Marti Mitchell templates. I'm really glad that I purchased the templates as I would not have gotten such good results with other methods that I tried.  I stated paper piecing and just hated the process.  I also tried making my own templates and hand piecing.  Like the process with hand piecing but took too long to make a block.  I started this project in September and hope to finish the quilt in April.

I'm going to post a couple of blocks each day and then I'll have a pictorial history of these blocks in my blog. Enjoy..

Have a wonderful March 1.

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate