Wednesday, March 7, 2012

FWW #40

I was able to get another FWW block finished this week.  This is the Farmer's Wife block #40-Friendship Block.  It was an easy break from all the difficult ones I've attempted in the last month. 

I cannot wait to get this top together.  I was thinking last night about hand quilting this one but maybe not. Too many small pieces and too many seams. Would be difficult to needle, I'm sure.

On to another quilt....

I finished assembling my quilt sampler (from the Sampler Class I was teaching last year from the book Quilts, Quilts, Quilts) and I'm really please how it turned out.  Some of my students have not finished their blocks and I'm getting ready to push them to finish.  I want to get started doing something else.  I want to machine quilt the blocks and border with stitch-in-the-ditch to stabilize it and then I will hand quilt where the quilting will show to demonstrate to my students that you can do both and still looks good. 

I need to make an appointment to get my longarm machine into the shop for it's five-year maintenance and service.  It is such a good machine but is starting to sound louder than I think it should.  Gammill has a local dealer in the Richmond, VA area that I will be taking the machine head to for service. Hope I don't have any expensive repairs or parts to replace.  It is 10 years old and has only had a couple of issues in all those years.  So I should not complain, should I?

Have a happy Spring-like day! (60 degrees here and sunny)

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate