Sunday, June 3, 2012

Home alone

I haven't posted in awhile and since I'm home this Sunday morning when I'm usually in church, I'd thought a take time to finally post.  (Being a pastors wife, I want and need to go to church but this morning, I'm just too worn out to get dressed and go, but I still feel that the week does not start well when I don't attend.)

Anyway, I wanted to get caught up on my goings-on around here.  I've been working on my teapot blocks for a quilt that I want to finish for the guest bedroom.  I have not embroidered for ages so it's been fun to work on these.  I'll post more shots of the 18 different blocks as I have time. Here's one.

Also my flowers and yard have been growing and blooming nicely.  It's been difficult keeping all the yard work up with all the wonderful rain we've gotten. Here is my lamp post flora.






And speaking of fora.  I've been sewing my Floribunda blocks (Bonnie Hunter's pattern) and really enjoying this simple pattern.  I call these Joseph's Ladder block mindless sewing after finishing my Farmer's Wife Sampler top. Now that was a long process.

Gonna go rest for awhile. I'll try to post another blog later with a picture of the Farmer's Wife top.  It's very large and difficult to get a good picture but when DH returns home, maybe I'll get him to hold the top so I can get a photo.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

A great job on this. It is also on my list of to do but way down. Shirley

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate