Sunday, July 29, 2012

Finishing UFOs and more



I've been missing from my blog for ages.  Been very busy trying to finish 'several' UFOs in my closet.  The more I work on them, the more there seems to do.

My list so far:
Crochet baby afghan - DONE
Farmer's Wife top; needs final border
Orca Bay top - FINISHED
Tea Pots top; working on last embroidered block
Granny Squares blocks - 20 blocks completed
60 rosettes for my Grandmother Flower Garden - completed;
only 60 more rosettes to do and I'll start assembling them.  I'll be posting these quilt tops finishes as I quilt them.

My longarm quilting schedule is now open for me to do some of my own quilts.


So, when Bonnie Hunter's new book, "String Fling" arrived at my door, I put all my focus regarding finishing UFO; to starting another quilt.  Sounds logical, doesn't it?  ;-)

And since I love scrap quilts more than any other type of quilt, the 'Talking Turkey' pattern just spoke to me. I had to make at least a block before returning to the UFO pile.  Love this block and since I have a full drawer of red strings and mountains of neutral strips, I think I'm going to work on this quilt for a couple of weeks. It's too hot in Virginia to be outside anyway.

In Bonnie's book is also another quilt that I'll make called Jamestown Landing. That one is speaking to me too! Just not as loudly...


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate