Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sewing, cutting and shopping..



Crafsy just had a special on this beautiful Robert Kaufman Fat Quarter Bundle called Poseidon.  This 21 piece bundle was only 32.00.  The shipping was a little much, but I was hooked and just had to have this.  Now what will I do with it.  I may give it to my friend Margie.  She is a collector of anything in this color family.  She would really love it.


I just finished the second block of the Bonnie Hunter's pattern, Talking Turkey from her latest book "String Fling".  I fell in love with this quilt the minute I received her book in the mail and I was off looking for my red strings and cream colored fabrics scraps. This block is a 12 1/2 inch block and finishes at 12 inches.  This size is a little large for a Bonnie Hunter pattern and it is easily put together.  It took me two days to get all the fabrics and string cut but I will have a lot of fun in the next couple of week just sewing these.


1 comment:

Shirley said...

I also started this when my book arrived. I got mine early as I pre ordered it. So mine is done in line waiting on quilting time. One more customer quilt and its going on. Shirley Comfortquilts.blogspot.com

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate