Friday, October 19, 2012

Another project

Since I've finished my big project for Fall (Talkin Turkey), I was needing some small project to wind-down. So, I'm making a couple of quilts for Linus Project. They are in the Zig-Zag setting using two fabrics. Here is one of my students from my weekend class working on her first ever quilt. The blocks are 6 inch finished half square triangles using one large print and a solid reading print.  She had never used a sewing machine and wanted to learn to quilt. She really hopped right in and had the top almost done in four hours. I just love teaching new quilters.








Well, I was surfing the Internet yesterday during my lunch hour and found a wonderful and "free" row quilt design by Lori Holt from Bee in My Bonnet on Blogger (beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com) that I just fell for really too quickly.  I know I have a short attention span.  Lori started the tutorials in August 2012. She is releasing a row every two weeks and there are four rows that have been released already.  I have a few 'modern' fabrics in my stash, just need to find a few more for a nice scrappy selection.  So, do I start another large project before Bonnie Hunter's mystery in November?  Am I that much a sucker for punishment!

Well, yes.  Why not?  Lori, I'll be trying to catch up this weekend. We will see how this goes. Here is a picture of some of the fabrics I want to gather.  This fabric photo is from Lori's August 25th posting and the Row 1 tutorial is in Lori's August 29th post.  Thank you Lori for a wonderful quilt design. But before you hop on over to Lori's blog, be warned, you too will fall for this quilt, I'm sure.

Happy Quilting!
Gail in Verona VA


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate