Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend progress

I'm feeling like I'm making good headway with what I accomplished this past weekend.  I even finished the laundry and washed windows.  Here are the three Linus Project Quilt tops that I finished assembling in the zig-zag pattern.  The pieces were already cut and in kits so all I had to do was sew and they went together really fast. I had loads of fun with these.





The row quilt from Bee in my Bonnet, that I wrote about on Friday, was started on Saturday with Row 1.  It took awhile to pick out the fabrics for this and I, of course, had to go shopping online to order more modern and bright fabrics before I could continue to Row2.  I cannot pass up an opportunity to purchase more fabrics, now can I?  And I don't really have a lot of modern fabrics in my stash.  I've been collecting fabrics for years so most of my fabrics are Thimbleberries, RJR, Civil War Reproductions, 30s era fabrics, some juvenile and Christmas and lots of little and older calicoes in all colors.  I have been collecting a lot of solid fabrics lately and will incorporate some of those into this project, too.

So, I'll work on Row 2 after my fabric order(s) come in this week, hopefully. 
Then on Sunday afternoon, I got a burst of energy and decided to quilt one of my older quilt tops that I had already mounted on the longarm.  I think this quilt has been on the machine for a month.  I didn't want to just unload it to put the Talkin Turkey quilt on.  So I decided to just do it.  I've quilted all the blocks in just a couple of hours with a continuous curve in the white triangles.  Tonight I will do the sashing and borders and hopefully put the red and white quilt on the machine for later this week. 



At one time, I quilted for family and friends but found that I was burning out on longarm quilting for others and never having time to do my own projects.  I even considered at one time selling my machine when I couldn't even go into the studio because I was so burned out that I didn't want to touch the machine for over a year.  Now I'm glad that I didn't sell it because I'm allowing myself to just enjoy with machine again and quilt at my own pace.

Have a great week and happy quilting.

Gail in Verona VA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldnt have said it any better to be honest! keep up the awesome work. You are very talented & I only wish I could write as good as you do :) …

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate