Monday, November 26, 2012

A new start and a finish

What a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoyed spending time with family and friends. Didn't eat too much and enjoyed a treat or two and still lost a pound. My diet continues....ever so slowly.

Step one of 2012 Bonnie Hunter's Mystery, EZ Street. I used the grey fabric I had on hand and I didn't buy but a couple of black on white fat quarters.  So mostly from my stash. '195' four patches done, check. Can't wait until Friday. This is such fun to participate and anticipate. My leader and ender project is Bonnie's Jamestown Landing. Was able to finish 3 more star blocks while making these patches.



I finished adding the binding on my Talkin Turkey quilt just as Bonnie was releasing her 2012 Mystery, step one.  This is one large quilt.  I think I want to keep this one for my DH to enjoy. He really likes the colors.

Also am working on the Row-along with Lori with Bee in my Bonnet blog. Here are the 6 rows I've completed. Row 7 was release last week and I have my fabrics picked out for that row but didn't start cutting. Will work on this after work this evening.


Happy Quilting
Gail

6 comments:

Candace said...

Your Talking Turkey is so gorgeous it makes me want to do one, and I wish that I had started the row along, I see them around blogland and they are adorable. I am working on Bonnie's mystery though. I can't wait until Friday either. Great 4 patches.

slapdashquilter.com said...

Oh, everything just looks gorgeous! The row along looks super fun. I will have to have a look for it.

fitnstitchin said...

Your quilts are beautiful! I love your Talking Turkey colors, an amazing red. Happy Quilting!

Sandra B said...

That turkey red quilt is stunning! Your 4-patches are lovely too. Isn't it nice when you can find what you need in the stash.

Sharyn Hutchinson said...

I LOVE your Talking Turkey. I really want to make this quilt. Great job!

jotokla said...

Such lovely scrappy grays, you're off to a great start!

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate