Saturday, December 29, 2012

59 for one more day

Finished Part 6 of Easy Street today.  It didn't take long but I had to go back to the stash and pull more white and black prints to keep the scrappy look going.











My Jamestown Landing quilt is just one row short of half assembled.  I've been working on this quilt top between Easy Street and is also my leader and ender project.  I love the blue and white and the way the neutral strings add movement to this quilt top.  I am going to keep this one for me.. I'm going to sew more tonight and maybe get another couple of rows completed.






Now that Christmas is over, my birthday has suddenly arrived, although not unexpectedly, since both of my children thought that they needed to remind me when they were here for the holidays.  I cannot believe that I will be 60 tomorrow. Closer to my retirement for sure but where did all the time go?! " Baby Boomers: From the Age of Aquarius. To the Age of Responsibility." Well, I suppose that could be me, I am responsible for amassing a vast collection of fabric ;->

It seems just yesterday I was 40 and my kids were in high school, sports, dating, driving, etc.  Wow, I need to slow down and smell the roses, so to speak.

Winding Ways BlocksI need to make a quilt to commemorate this milestone.  I have been wanting to make a 'Winding Ways' quilt by hand so maybe that will be the hand project for this year.  I have the AccuQuilt die set and tons of blue and white fabrics and lots of these are already cut to finish at 8 inches.  So I will start sewing this quilt tomorrow after church.  I will call mine Winding Ways to Retirement. My hexagon quilt is almost finished so a new hand project is definitely  in order.

Happy quilting
Gail in Verona




No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate