Sunday, December 16, 2012

EZ Street Part 4

Had a busy weekend with our Church play and dinner, Christmas preparation, cooking and some shopping. I'm almost ready for the kids and spouses to arrive next Sunday. Can't wait to have company and celebrate Christmas with all my family.  It's been several years since we could all be in the same place together for Christmas.

Was able to finish Part 4 of Easy Street today just before Quilt Cam with Bonnie.  I really enjoy the time we spend together. It's almost like she drops in to visit for a couple of hours while we sit, sew and converse.  What fun. I worked on my hexagon quilt while listening to The Voice-Final 3 and watching Bonnie on my iPad.  My husband told me that I'm the only one he knows who can do all three at the same time.

Here are my units for Part 4. I made 64 purple and teal flying geese with the EZ templates and they are right on for size.  They fit perfectly with the purple and white/black units made in Part 2.  I'm beginning to feel somewhat confident in my ability to do these geese using that method.  Maybe I will do a whole quilt with flying geese units soon.

This evening, I'm also making 4 1/2 inch white and cream string blocks for the Jamestown Landing quilt that is nearly complete.  Just a few more string blocks to make and I'll be able to start piecing the top. I'll post some of those pictures tomorrow.

Happy Quilting
Gail

1 comment:

Sandra B said...

Your Mystery units look great and I love the EPP project. I have one sitting right next to me that I just started and I love it.

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate