Friday, December 14, 2012

My week is looking up

I've been really busy at my job implementing a new computer system and customizing web forms and creating new and unique ways to collect data.  Next week, while I'm off on vacation (which is really a laugh since I have to take my computer home and work on creating custom reports and dashboard analytic functions. Whoa, such fun!)  The joke at the office is; how can you tell Gail is on vacation?  She comes to work in jean and sweat shirt!

But I do plan on keeping up with Part 4 of easy street;  finish my Christmas shopping and decorating.  Here are the "couch decorations" I just purchased as my gift to me. Love them.  I want to make a couple of more pillow covers to go with these two pillows as my "L-shaped" couch is huge. I think I will buy heavy canvas and stencil NOEL and HOLY NIGHT in a nice script font. I've seen these somewhere and thought I should be able to do that too.

Santa Needlepoint Pillow


Christmas in the South Needlepoint Pillow

This is a pix of my old stockings. I think I will update these this year but I don't quite know what I want to do just yet.  I was thinking maybe mount some solid fabric on the longarm, sew some texture background fills and cut out stockings from that yardage.  Ummm, maybe....



Happy Quilting!
Gail

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate