Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Today: Snow and ice



I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so was glad to be able to sleep late this morning. It started snowing before dawn and and snowed almost all day.  Wonderful day to get some sewing done. I have almost all my string blocks made for Jamestown Landing.  Maybe 60 more needed to make the queen size quilt that I want.  I have all the broken dish units made and all the star blocks are completed too.  I could possibly have this quilt assembled if I work hard but I know that the Friday Mystery will be out on Friday so I will just work on this quilt as a leader-ender project this weekend.


 Here are the first four rows completed.  I'm going to love this quilt.  The blue and white will work wonderfully in my blue bedroom.

Here is a peek of the snow looking out the dining room window about 4:30 pm.  I think we got about 3 inches of snow total but a lot more sleet and rain on top of that.  It's only 32 degrees now so the conditions are expected to worsen overnight.


No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate