Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bound and Determined.....to finish

January 16th already!  I have lots to share with you as I've been sewing and sewing....

Well, there seems to be a server error on the drive where my pictures are stored.  Be back with you soon.....I'm back. There seems to be a lot of issues with Google lately and my google mail account where the service is sometimes unavailable.  On Sunday, I was 'bound and determined' to finish this quilt and I did.

Second finish of the New Year: Easy Street Mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunters 2012 Mystery. I used Bonnie's colors and am so glad I did. These colors are not my colors but the finished quilt will be gifted to a dear friend and co-worker who lost her 29-year old son on December 29. He was sick for two days, would not see a doctor and died from undetermined causes.  Speculation is that he had an undetected heart condition.  My dear friend is so depressed and maybe, this bright quilt will brighten her days to come.  She is also scheduled for open heart surgery on Feb 4th.  All prayers are welcomed on her behalf.  Originally I was going to give this quilt to a child but I think my friend needs it more.

Also, here is my Row 9 from the Bee in my Bonnet Row along. Tiny 3 inch friendship stars. Aren't they cute!

















This quilt is for my fiend, PJ.  I started this quilt about 20 years ago from my collection of plaid, shirts and woven homespun fabrics.  It is also hand quilted and this may be my last hand quilted item as my hands are not going to take too much of that abuse any more.  I made these 4 blocks this morning from that really large stash, before going to work and I think I'm going to make a couple more of these quilts since most of my other friends were really interested in this quilt too.  Bonnie Hunter has inspired me to use what I have in my stash and if you cut the fabric small enough, it isn't ugly anymore.....

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate