Friday, January 4, 2013

Easy Street Mystery Quilt top completed last night



My Bonnie Hunter Easy Street Mystery quilt top, has been assembled.  There is probably a mistake somewhere in the four patch orientation, but as busy as this top is, no one should ever be able to find it!  Anway, Yipee!  I have the quilt backing made and should be able to put this on the longarm and quilt it this weekend.  I think I will use a wool batting since this will be used on a childs bed and I don't want it too heavy.  I am not putting borders on it either. I know Bonnie likes quilts without borders and this, fact, will be a first for me as all my quilts have had borders.   I'm using Aurifil thread now for piecing and I like it a little more than Masterpiece thread. I still machine quilt with Signature threads though. My Gammill likes that thread so I don't use anything else at this time.
 
Love, love the bright colors.  I did make this quilt a twin size as this will be a gift to a wonderful little boy.   My scrappy grey prints were too close in color to the white/black prints in some blocks so the design is somewhat 'muddied' but I still like it and I know the giftee will love it too.  (Since I cut all the pieces for the large quilt size, I have lots of leftovers.  I even have two additional side setting triangles from step 7 that I did not use.)  BTW, leave me a message if you would like the extra pieces in this colorway.  I'll contact you for your address via email if you would like the (scraps). First person to respond gets the 'bootie'.

Easy Street view from the design wall.
I would like to make another one of these quilts, using more pastel colors. Don't know if that will happen soon, but I did love looking at all the other scrappy color options on the quilville chat group in Yahoogroups. 



Jamestown Landing in progress

And here is my 'leader ender project' quilt "Jamestown Landing', that I worked on while sewing the Easy Street Mystery.  I only have a couple more rows to add to this one and it will be ready to quilt too.  I'm actually seeing results in all my hard work since Thanksgiving.  Two quilts at the some time. You just gotta love the 'leader ender' sewing process and you can save on thread too. 

No comments:

2008 BOM

2008 BOM
from 'The Quilt Show' By Sue Garman

2009 BOM Number 2

2009 BOM Number 2
Stars for a New Day also by Sue Garman

2009 BOM

2009 BOM
Washington Medallion by Sue Garman

2nd UFO for 2008

2nd UFO for 2008
Chocolate